February 2013 PRESIDENCY MESSAGE

February 2013 PRESIDENCY MESSAGE


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Balance and Leisure....

I have recently had a few experiences that made me want to rededicate myself to my calling--it is so easy to get sidetracked by the millions of things that come and go in our daily lives and I feel that sometimes that leaves my call to serve somewhere on the wayside, to be picked up when I am passing that way and discarded when I hit the next turnpike screaming for me to go down it.  So, today I was taking time to focus on it, to learn and to listen and I came across these GREAT episodes on mormonchannel.com that I had NO idea about--they are audio recordings that you can listen to when you are at the computer or maybe even download and listen to at other times.  Basically, they are interviews with Sister Beck, during her time as General RS Pres and they answer questions of LDS women on certain topics and on visiting teaching messages.  I personally loved #15 on Leisure Time and #9 Finding Balance.  Of course, that's all I have gotten to listen to yet, but I wanted to share them with you because I loved the insights that I got and hoped maybe you would, too!



No comments: